Home

Photos taken with nifty fifty lens

The EF 50mm F1.8 STM is Canon's newest iteration of its classic 'nifty fifty' lens. It's a fast, inexpensive normal lens on a full frame DSLR, but also functions as an 80mm equivalent lens on Canon's APS-C bodies. How does it perform in real-world use? We've been using the lens for a few days and put together a gallery of samples. We took quite a few shots at wide apertures to see how the lens. Tips for using the nifty fifty. It's common to think that better photos come from more expensive gear and using manual mode. Although both things help, you can still take great photos without them. The following are tips to help you take incredible photos with the affordable 50mm lens: 1. Find lights in the background

Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM real-world samples gallery: Digital ..

1. The 50mm prime lens, commonly known as the Nifty Fifty, is a lens that even inexperienced photographers have likely heard of.Most of us know it for its outstanding qualities; it's an inexpensive, high-quality, prime lens that is in plenty of photographers' bags around the world and is one of the most popular lenses of all time.. What we might not think of a Nifty Fifty as, however, is a.
  2. Photographs © Todd Vorenkamp, taken with a 50mm (or 50mm equivalent) lens Regardless of whether you have a 50mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.4 lens, or a 35mm f/1.8 or f/1.4 lens for an APS-C camera, when I say 50mm lens in this article, I am referring to any lens that has a large aperture and a 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm, like my workhorse FUJIFILM XF 35mm f/1.4 R
  3. The 50mm prime lens is often a photographer's favourite, perfect for portraits, product photography and low light conditions. They offer sharpness that zoom lenses cannot touch. Today, we have a collection of 50 great photos from around the internet that were made with the renowned 50mm lens. The 50mm Prime Lens. I used to not understand the 50mm prime
  4. d away, and you will be tempted to buy one
  5. A nifty fifty lens is basically a fast 50mm lens. The nifty part comes from a lens having a very wide aperture, such as f/1.4 or f/1.8, and the fifty part refers to the focal length. A fast 50mm lens is the closest you can get to the human eye. This means low amounts of distortion and a similar field of view

The video above by Adorama shows you why most nifty fifty tips lists include stopping down. You can create better-focused photos if you use f/4 or f/5.6 as opposed to f/1.4 or f/1.8 that many beginner photographers are drawn to. This is because no lens - not even professional-grade lenses - are their sharpest at their maximum aperture Most 50 mm lenses are inexpensive (when compared to many other focal lengths or fast zooms). The Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens runs about $125. The Nikon and Sony 50mm f/1.8 versions are about $215 and $250, respectively. As you get into the faster apertures like f/1.4, the price goes up some (the Canon 50mm f/1.4 is $350) A nifty fifty is not the sharpest, fastest or most flexible lens, but with a little practice, it can be the best value lens you will ever buy for your photography. The limitations of a fixed focal length and the classic 50mm field of view, provides a great learning ground for photography beginners, and a comfortable, versatile option for more experienced photographers You can use a close-up lens or extension tubes with a 50mm lens to take close-up photos. You can also reverse mount it onto another lens to take macro photos (the techniques are covered in detail in the linked articles). This greatly increases the versatility of the lens. If you already own a 50mm lens these are cheaper options than buying a macro lens A side note: all of the photographs in this article were made with a 50mm lens mounted on a full-frame camera. While my lens is a Nikkor, all of these images could have been taken more or less just as successfully with any 50mm f/1.4-1.8 class lens on any full-frame camera (you'd need a ~35mm lens on APS-C sensor camera for similar versatility)

Photos taken exclusively with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens - the 'nifty-fifty'. Nikkor 50mm 1.8. This group is for photos taken with any of Nikon's Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lenses. 50mm f1.4 Shooters. This is a group for photographers using 50mm f/1.4 lenses, regardless of make. Canon 50mm f0.95 Dream Lens Shooting at lower f stops (wider aperture) means you can achieve faster shutter speeds. This means a nifty fifty is an ideal lens for photographing fast-moving subjects. Now, a fixed wider focal length might not be ideal subjects like sport or wildlife, but a 50mm lens is great for photographing kids or even pets One of the more frequent applications of a 50mm lens is in street photography and reportage or documentary photography. There are some other lenses too like the 24mm and the 35mm which are good for these genres of photography. Any lens will do as long as it's not over 50mm and is a prime. At more than 50mm you lose the standard angle of view

Why you need the 50mm f/1

The fifty refers to the focal length of the lens which is 50mm and in most cases the aperture of the lens will be f/1.8 (but we'll talk about that more in a minute). For reference, a standard kit lens that comes with most cameras is an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 The lens used in this video is often referred to as the nifty fifty. Every photographer should own a 50mm f/1.8 lens as your first upgrade from the kit lens that came with your camera. - Improvephotography.co Camera Tip #45: The Nifty Fifty - 50mm Lens. The 50mm prime lens has certainly enjoyed a Renaissance over the past several years. Thirty years ago, the kit lens for an SLR was a 50mm f/1.8 lens. Over the past 10 years or so, this has changed in favor of a medium zoom lens (generally 18-55mm) https://www.adorama.com In this episode of Two Minute Tips (Ep 126), David Bergman explains why every photography should have a nifty fifty in their camera b.. One of my favorite woodland images taken with my favorite ever lens (see below for which lens!) I think it's pretty clear to anybody reading that we're quite in love with our nifty fifty lenses. They offer an unbeatable balance when it comes to cost, size, weight, and image quality

The most unpretentious SLR lens is, in my opinion, the Nifty Fifty. Most of the major SLR manufacturers have a relatively cheap, great quality 50mm lens. Canon has the EF 50mm f1.8 for about $100, and Nikon has the similar Nikkor 50mm f1.8D for about $120, and the Sony SAL-50F18 for $150 These are the Nifty Fifty lenses that everyone should own The photo was originally taken with a coloured light but I decided it looked better black and white when editing in post. Taken on eos 7D mk1 with 50mm, f1.8, 1/160s, iso 1000. January 17, 2018 cameronsmith3.5 B&W , black and white , nifty fifty , portrait , self portrait Leave a commen

A must-have lens Canon 50mm Prime Lens (Nifty Fifty), which in this video is being demonstrated with Canon 18-55mm Kit lens. The comparison is on the fixed f.. There's something about a 50mm lens that will never get old. Indeed, this classic focal length, which is sometimes referred to as a Nifty Fifty lens, has found a place in photographers' bags for a long time. If you still aren't convinced you need to own a Nifty Fifty lens, watch Julia Trotti's video below where she discusses five reasons she thinks a 50mm lens is a great choice for. I noticed that I didn't have that much reach with the kit lens with the Rebel T6, but I have also seen that the Nifty Fifty seems to be very popular and I like the photos taken with it. Would the Canon EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS STM or Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 STM be better

It's such a commonly used lens that it even has its own nickname, the Nifty Fifty. Regardless of the brand you shoot, or the size of your sensor, a 50mm lens is one of the most versatile you can get. Whether you're doing street photography, landscapes, portraits, or something else entirely, they can produce amazing [ 3 Reasons the Nifty Fifty Is the Second Thing to Buy. So you've picked up your first DSRL along with a kit lens. You've been playing with the features, There's nothing wrong with your body for taking night sky photos. You need a faster lens that will allow you to open up the aperture and collect more light in a shorter period of time

5 Quick Reasons to Use the Nifty Fifty for Landscape

The original lens has helped me so much with my passion and career, and I hope that this new generation of the nifty fifty can provide that to the new generation of content creators. I'm grateful that I bought that nifty fifty 11 years ago The Nifty Fifty is also an extremely versatile lens. While many photographers use the 50mm lens for portraits, Here are some sample photos from the Canon 50mm f/1.8 Lens. This photo was taken by Tomos Kay. It was shot on a Canon EOS 60D with the 50mm lens. A shutter speed of 1/160 15 great photos taken with Nifty Fifty . . . in Canon EF and EF-S Lense Once again, the brilliance of this lens is it's very shallow depth of field. As you can see from the above photo, even the slightest blur can yield really dramatic results. Thus, I'm almost always shooting with this lens wide open. That is, at its maximum aperture. In the case of my Canon nifty-fifty, it's a 50mm f/1.4

What to Do with Your New Nifty Fifty Fast Prime Lens B

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive Thread started 29 Jun 2006 (Thursday) 10:49. Search thread Prev/next. sponsored links (this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member) Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II - Nifty Fifty. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II - Nifty Fifty The 50mm prime lens has always been one of the most basic, but essential pieces of kit. Canon's nifty fifties are a series of low-cost, plastic-built 50mm f/1.8 primes. They are popular because they give you excellent value for very little money. Today, I'm reviewing the newest version, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM When I moved from Canon to my Sony a7 III late last year, the first lens I ordered was a nifty fifty: a cheap, incredibly lightweight, relatively fast 50mm prime lens that's good for portraits.

11 great portraits taken with NIFTY FIFTY 50mm f1

50 More Fantastic Photos from 50mm Lense

40 Beautiful Photos from 50mm Lens -- Shutterstopper

This year, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, also called the Nifty Fifty celebrates its 25th birthday. Yes, that's right: this lens was released back i Aug 30, 2011 - While it's fun having expensive gear, it's not always a necessity for producing beautiful images. One of the most inexpensive lenses you can buy is the 50mm f/1.8, also known as th A 55mm lens. This lens is the most similar to the nifty fifty, but it offers some premium images—albeit for a heftier price tag. Well, the nifty fifty is the foundation, Czech photographer Ondra Vacek explains. But it can get even better with five more mm added Most of these are relatively easy to capture for beginner amateur astrophotographers who do not yet own a full deep sky imaging rig. The objects in this list can be imaged with an affordable lens such as the Pancake lens (24mm), the Nifty Fifty (50mm) or a telephoto lens Dustin Abbot has completed his full review of the Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM, Canon's most affordable RF lens.Sometimes dubbed the nifty fifty or thrifty 50, it usually finds its way into ever Canon shooters bag at some point in their photographic journey. For the $199 USD price tag, you really are getting a lot of lens for your money. However, don't confuse it with the RF 50mm f.

Your First Prime Lens: The Nifty Fifty Best 50mm Len

What does Nifty Fifty mean when talking about cameras and photography? The term 'nifty fifty' is a photography colloquialism for a cheap 50mm prime lens, usually with a maximum aperture of f/1.8 or faster.. Lenses in this range are fast, lightweight and extremely versatile for street and portrait photography The lens focal length is what is stamped on the barrel. You are cropping the image, not changing the image perspective. If we cropped an image in the traditional wet lab darkroom to 75% of the full frame, did we say the photo taken with a nifty-50 was the equivalent of using a 75mm lens? No we simply said we cropped the image. Same thing here.

How to Get the Most Out of Your Nifty Fifty Len

The Highly Recommended Nifty Fifty Lens - What's so special

The lens looks almost like it was just taken out of the original box and works perfectly. Nice easy and straight forwrd transaction between us. Decided to post a photo taken with the lens to show how well it functions. Settings: natural light, ISO 400, Aperture 1.4, shutter 1/125 taken with a K70. I'll post a few more pics after I get a several. The Canon nifty fifty lens is a staple among many photographers. Photo courtesy of Canon While you can take landscapes with the kit lens that comes with your camera, many landscape photographers find that prime lenses, lenses with a fixed focal length, often provide excellent detail and clarity when compared to budget zoom lenses

Nifty Fifty Lenses - 9 Reasons Why They're AWESOM

The next lens you should buy really depends on the style and type of photographs you want to take. No point buy a super-telephoto lens to take pictures of the kids in the back garden! A great next lens which has a variety of uses is the Nifty Fifty - a 50mm prime lens - a fantastic lens for portraits and low light situations as it has a much larger maximum aperture than your kit lens The thistle and foxglove pictures taken at f1.8 show the bokeh the lens can produce. The two buildings photos are taken at f8/f9. I am very happy with the lens: it is a great replacement for the Mk II 1.8. And. like its predecessor, stunning value for money. In terms of bang for buck, I don't think you can do better

Ah, the nifty fifty! This is without question the best-selling lens from Canon, maybe even of all lenses. Its high price to performance ratio is the reason for this. It can be useful on both crop and full frame, and should probably be every beginners first upgrade lens, which I will discuss more in the review Apr 15, 2019 - Wondering whether to pick up a 50mm lens? I've got 7 reasons why you should. Come learn how a nifty fifty can help you improve your photography Note: Photos are both taken with this lens on a Canon T4i. I would recommend this to a friend. Helpful (0) Unhelpful (0) Report. Comment. Texasapple. Texasapple. Rating 4 out of 5 stars with 1 review. Gotta love the nifty fifty! Posted 8 years ago. Texasapple. I love my nifty fifty I have had it for a little over 7 months. The bokeh this lens.

Photos taken with Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 ZF lens. Misty by beltz6. Paris, France by bm^ Forsythia - first flowers by JohnGeerts013. Zitten en wippen alleen op de stippen by leo.roos | loaded 4 / 3503 - 0% : :. Photos taken with Zeiss Planar 50/2 ZM lens. Dawn at Liskamm with moonset by Bernhard_Thum. Late dusk panorama at Capanna Regina - 2020 Christmas & Lockdown edition by Bernhard_Thum. Dusk at Capanna Margherita HDR version by Bernhard_Thum

Nifty Fifties - Why I Love 50mm Prime Lense

This 90mm Tamron lens excels at taking macro images with a 1:1 ratio. Focusing a lens, when working in a macro mode, is a delicate process. That's why this best lens for newborn photography comes with an AF/MF mode that allows you to focus the camera manually even when auto-focus is turned on Lens Hoods Block Unwanted Light. When you take a photo of something, the light reflecting off of it enters the camera through the front of the lens. The light rays pass through the different lens elements, which work together to focus it onto the camera's sensor. If you've got everything set up correctly, you'll get a great looking photo 'Nifty' because it is one of the most versatile, sharp, all-round lens that you are probably ever going to come across. And 'Fifty' because, well, it has a focal length of 50mm, that's why. Couple it with the fact that it is so cheap and it simply is a must buy, period The Nifty fifty was never an expensive lens, the Canon version is about $115, but if you are super frugal you may be tempted to check the $60 cheaper Yongnuo lens. Photographers Tony & Chelsea took the lens for a spin comparing it with the twice as expensive Canon version In the United States, the term Nifty Fifty was an informal designation for fifty popular large-cap stocks on the New York Stock Exchange in the 1960s and 1970s that were widely regarded as solid buy and hold growth stocks, or Blue-chip stocks.These fifty stocks are credited by historians with propelling the bull market of the early 1970s, while their subsequent crash and underperformance.

The EF 50mm lenses are a group of normal prime lenses made by Canon that share the same focal length.These lenses are based on the classic double-Gauss lens, with the f/1.8 being a standard six-element double-Gauss with an air gap and powers between element 2 and 3 and its faster cousins adding additional elements. The 50mm focal length, when used with a 35mm film or full-frame sensor, has. What Is a Nifty Fifty Lens and Why You Absolutely Need On You learn to take pictures with a 50 mm lens and you use your legs to get closer or further away from your subject. Period. However, keep in mind that on FX (full frame sensor) it is a standard lens, great for walk around, and on DX (cropped frame sensor) it is a short telephoto lens, perfect for head and shoulder portraits The 50mm lens is interesting. It is small. It feels like you have forgotten to put a lens on the camera. It is sharp! The lens may be the cheapest lens Canon sells, just over $100, but there is nothing to complain about in the performance, crisp and sharp photos from corner to corner. It is fast

In the video below, portrait photographer Julia Trotti takes us step-by-step through a number of comparative shots, each designed to show the strengths and weaknesses of the chosen two lenses. While the 85mm is the favorite prime lens of many portrait photographers, the 50mm and 35mm can both create fabulous portraits As far as I'm aware, the Nifty Fifty is a fast (f/1.8) 50mm lens from Canon, which sells for somewhere around $125. They also sell a faster (f/1.4) 50mm lens for ~$350, but I don't believe that one's called the Nifty Fifty. In answer to OP's question, yes, it should be possible to take pictures of the stars with a nifty fifty lens on your camera

A Fifty for Creativity - Photography Lif

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II or Canon EF 50MM F/1.8 STM is a great prime lens, generally used for portraits because if its sharpness and large aperture. It is also known as Nifty Fifty, probably because it delivers really great pictures and comes at a v.. Harvey with nifty fifty 13-03-2021, 12:18 one of my first outdoor shots with the RF50 f1.8 STM.....the new nifty fifty.....not bad sharpness where it matters at f1.8.....some background need a little help in reducing texture and clarity but it only takes seconds.... The Nikon 50mm f/1.8g lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.45m/1.5ft from the focal plane mark.. For Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens, the closest focusing distance is 0.35m/1.15ft.. If you're using a different lens brand, you should be able to find the minimum focusing distance labeled on your lens. The location differs depending on the lens, but some common places you can look at are near.

I Spliced Together Two Nikon Lenses to Create a Nifty

Introducing the Wonderful World of 50mm Prime Lense

Photo by s58y. The lens justifies value for money on picture quality and convenience. After all, it is a f/1.8 lens - that would be 3 and ⅓ stops faster than the kit lens on the same focal length - meaning if you needed 800 ISO at 1/200th of a second with f/5.6 now you will need 100 ISO and 1/275th of a second for the same exposure It can actually be done with any lens but a 50mm will give you a 1:1 or true macro scale image. Long lenses will not give you as much magnification and wide angle lenses will give you more (28mm is about 3:1). All you really need to try it is a lens reversal ring that will cost you less than $20 and you're ready to shoot

This is the lens that will allow you to capture all of those teeny tiny details that are so important in newborn photography. I love the 100mm 2.8 lens - it is a really wonderful lens. Now, if you don't have a macro lens, you can try to get these types of details with another lens - but honestly it is just NOT the same The nifty fifty is also called a normal lens because it makes the subject of your photo appear, well, normal. With this lens, there shouldn't be any noticeable distortion, so it's a go-to for any product photographer. Recommendations: Nikkor; Canon; Sigma; Adding details: a solid macro lens. If you're ready to add to your lens arsenal, the next thing you need is a macro lens

Use the Front Element of a Broken Canon 'Nifty Fifty' Lens

50mm photography tips: 7 ways a 'nifty fifty' can boost

While both lenses are considered standard in that they have a field of view close to that of the human eye, the 50mm f/1.8 is what photographers would consider a classic nifty fifty lens. The 55mm is 5mm longer than the 50mm but this extra reach doesn't make that much of a difference in the real world on either full-frame or APS-C bodies as you can see below Top 8 Best Nifty Fifty Lens for Your Camera (Updated for 2020) 2019-09-27 2020-01-26 Benj When starting out with photography, the chances are you'll soon feel comfortable with the kit lens you purchased with your camera Nifty fifty is simply a pet name for a 50mm f/1.8 lens. This prime lens can't zoom, but more than makes up for that with a bright aperture, compact design, and affordable price

Canon EF 50mm f/1TTArtisan Unveils 50mm f/1Canon RF 50mm f/1My Top 2 Camera Lenses for Food Photography | Mindful Avocado

To take good portraits, you need to use the right camera settings. Let's have a look at what combination of lens, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO give you the awesome portrait look with a sharp, in-focus subject and a creamy, blurry background like the photo below In the United States, the term Nifty Fifty was an informal designation for fifty popular large-cap stocks on the New York Stock Exchange in the 1960s and 1970s that were widely regarded as solid buy and hold growth stocks, or Blue-chip stocks. These fifty stocks are credited by historians with propelling the bull market of the early 1970s, while their subsequent crash and underperformance through the early 1980s are an example of what may occur following a period during which. At last, the Canon EOS R system gets an affordable nifty fifty - the Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM, which will retail for just $199 / £219 / AU$389 when it goes on sale in December. The Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM adds another inexpensive prime to the RF lineup, completing the low cost trinity primes with the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM and Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS Macro STM Product Description. This adapter ring lets you use your Canon 50mm F1.8 lens (AKA the Nifty-Fifty) with the HONDO Garage 50-Dollar Follow Focus (and most other follow focuses) in either belted or geared mode. See the HONDO Garage 50-Dollar Follow Focus Here. The Nifty-Fifty is a great and very affordable prime lens, but it's got this wonky focus. Popularly called the nifty fifty or the plastic fantastic, due to its low price and optical quality the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens is what in photographic terms is considered normal, when used with a 35mm format camera

• Ruff's Burger Rindermarkt Speisekarte.
  • Hyra framåt Film.
  • Stokke Variable.
  • Neuravensburg Restaurant.
  • Vilka dyker upp som vänförslag på Facebook.
  • Justerat.
  • Mått klövpall.
  • Zina inom Islam.
  • Canon 22mm f2.
  • Frigolithuvud Säljes.
  • Iittala Teema Set grau.
  • Hotell med kök Stockholm.
  • Vårdnadshavare skyldigheter.
  • Https www thebalance com hurricane harvey facts damage costs 4150087.
  • Gehalt Filialleiter Lidl.
  • Ta bort gelenaglar.
  • Yr weather cork.
  • How long is a day on Mars Quizlet.
  • Avsluta enskild firma inventarier.
  • Lamm kaufen zum Schlachten.
  • Fendi Stockholm.
  • Tf2 Soldier weapons.
  • Werbeagentur Münsterland.
  • Pestmaske Sinn.
  • MSB VMA.
  • Smörgås recept.